18 February 2013

Carlsen TMER TWIC Refs

After releasing the game file described in Carlsen TMER PGN, the next step was to create the TMER itself. I took the base data from the PGN file, added references to TWIC (Mark Crowther's The Week in Chess), uploaded the page to Carlsen's Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record, and added a link to my page on Chess History.

I was pleased to see from my stats that the carlsen.zip file had more downloads during its first week than the other TMER PGN files had since they were first loaded some weeks (and months) ago. That indicates some demand for the games. I don't usually release my references in a TMER file, but made an exception here since the file is 'under construction' and it will be some time before the final page is ready.

(TMER = Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record)

No comments: