Promises, promises. For the last couple of months I've been exploring GM Karjakin's early career with the goal of creating a reference page for his entire career. It started when he won the 2016 Candidates Tournament in Moscow.
- 2016-03-28: The Winner and New Challenger 'As for this blog, I'll suspend the Monday-Monday series on 'PGN Files for Book Reviews', and will instead develop a Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record (TMER) for Karjakin.'
At that time I didn't know much more about him than was presented in a little cartoon on an official site, Worldchess.com.
- 2016-03-29: GM Karjakin's Life Story
Since then I've learned much about his career through 2009 (or thereabouts).
- 2016-04-11: K's TWIC Debut
- 2016-04-18: K's GM Title
- 2016-04-25: K's Early Games
- 2016-05-02: K's First Encounters with Carlsen
- 2016-05-09: K's Early Corus Encounters with Carlsen
- 2016-05-16: K's/Carlsen's World Championship Careers
- 2016-05-23: K's Early Team Events
- 2016-05-30: K's/Carlsen's Olympiad Records
- 2016-06-06: K's Federation Change
While I was working through these posts, it occurred to me that it would be more consistent with my other TMERs to wait for the outcome of the forthcoming 2016 Carlsen - Karjakin title match, scheduled for New York in November. In the meantime I'll switch the Monday-Monday focus to another topic.
Later: A list of all TMERs is on my index page for Chess History.