13 June 2019

John Wayne Played Chess

In the previous post, More 'Brainwashed', I had four photos from the movie of that name. Once I started looking at the hundreds of photos featuring scenes from movies, I noted many other sub-themes within the movie theme. Here, for example, are four images featuring John Wayne.


Top row: 1944 The Fighting Seabees • 1962 The Longest Day (production sketch)
Bottom row: 1963 McLintock! (John Wayne & son Patrick) • 1963 McLintock!

You might think that publicity photos would be vetted to have everything as perfect as possible, but you would be wrong. In the photo bottom-right, White's Bishops and Knights are switched on their start squares. Since another still from 'McLintock!' already appears on my page Chess in the Movies (p.2), I can ignore this erroneous example.

No comments: