04 November 2011

Life's Too Short for Chess

Here's another candidate for the 'Not Everyone Likes Chess' department (*):-

Chess is a quite repulsive game. ♪
Fills me with such frustration. ♪
And in the end my patience runs out. ♪

Life's too short for chess. ♪
Cold and calculating, such a boring mating. ♪
So give me a game of chance and there's romance.


That's Life! N°10 Stephanie De-Sykes (2:58) • 'That's Life! (1974) "World Chess Championship"'

Near the end, I don't get it at all:-

Some girls try to stay cool and play it by the rulebook. ♪
They just wind up in the end a talemate, stalemate.

Or maybe it's 'a tail made, stale maid'. ♫ La di da di da... ♫

***

(*) Last seen in Not Everyone Likes Chess.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love this post, good job..happy to know you..

Temposchlucker said...

When somebody says to me "life is too short to play chess" I usually answer something like "When I play chess with you it will be very short"