The 2016 Carlsen - Karjakin World Championship match starts in about two months, making this a good time to update my page on Magnus Carlsen's Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record (TMER; 'Last updated 2014-10-06'). I combed through about 100 editions of Mark Crowther's The Week in Chess, and located 282 games that Carlsen played since the last update. The following table summarizes the most important events, with the number of games shown in the last column.
Carlsen is also playing in the 2016 Olympiad, which is due to finish next week. I'll add those games when the full event is available. This digression to update the Carlsen TMER leaves a number of pending series to be reopened when the time is right.
- 2016-08-29: Korchnoi's Events 1998-99 / 2014-15
- 2016-06-13: GM Karjakin's Early Career
- 2016-03-21: PGN Files for Book Reviews
Most of the older series are finished, except for one that I marked with '(*)'.
- 2016-03-07: Instructional Videos : the Candidates
- 2016-01-04: Chess Engine Summary (incl. TCEC Season 8)
- 2015-09-07: Other Shareaholic Services
- 2015-08-03: Early Computer Chess Ratings (rgc = rec.games.chess)
- 2015-06-15: Going Mobile : CFAA Site
- 2015-05-11: Label 'Engines'
- 2015-03-02: FIDE Federation Codes (*)
- 2015-01-26: TMERs: Kasparov Wrapup
- 2014-10-27: TMERs: Carlsen - Anand Missing Fields
That last entry is for the previous series on the Carlsen TMER, bringing us full circle.