19 October 2014

Quest for Logic

If my least favorite posts on Top eBay Chess Items by Price are about books -- like the previous post on Antonius van der Linde -- then my most favorite are about paintings. The auction for the painting shown below was titled 'Head Chess surrealism landscape fantasy original oil painting 30 x 36" Mag Raven', and fetched US $1000 after a single bid.

The description added,

This is one of my finest paintings from fantastic realism collection.
• Title: "Quest for logic"
• Size: 30 x 36", 0.75" thick. (76x71.5cm, 2cm thick)
• Technique: original oil painting on canvas.
• Painting is varnished.
• Canvas is gallery wrapped, no visible stitches on the edges. All sides are painted to match the colors of the painting. You can hang it on the wall without the frame.
• Painting is signed by artist and has certificate of authenticity with its unique number. All my artwork is catalogued.

Along with that information about the painting was a note from the artist.

My name is Mag Raven. I am a full time artist. My artwork can be found in collections all over the world. I use glazing, old masters technique (like Rembrandt or Caravaggio) so the colors of my paintings look deep and vivid.

My major inspiration is art of Zdzislaw Beksinski from his Fantastic Realism period. I love his style, ideas and expression. I also find my inspiration in old ruins, rocks, bones and cemeteries, simply things what remind of death but they can last for thousands of years. I've been painting since I could crawl. My parents knew that when I get quiet it means only one thing, that I'm painting, probably on the walls of our apartment. Lack of paper wouldn't stop me!

For more about the artist, see her eBay page mederena.

No comments: