19 June 2023

Chessify Coins and Combos

The last time I posted about Chessify was Chessify Resources (March 2023; 'Here are a few resources to help explore the Chessify service.'). Since then I've learned much about the service and one of these days might document most my recent experiences on this blog.

An important aspect that has eluded me is the Chessify price structure -- plans, coins, and combos. What is the difference between them and how do they work together? Although I had watched the video embedded below, it introduced so many new concepts that I had trouble understanding its basic point.


Chessify Subscription Plans - Price, Features, and More (3:31) • '[Published on] Feb 12, 2023'

The video description says,

Learn everything you need to know about the Chessify subscription plans: price, features, differences, etc. The plans offer access to powerful cloud servers for chess engine analysis, a wide range of chess engines, such as Stockfish and Leela Chess Zero, a 9 Million+ game database updated weekly, opening references, cloud storage, and more.

The video uses a chart which I've reproduced at the bottom of the post. I'm currently on the least expensive of the subscription services, the 'Amateur' plan. Is it worth my while to upgrade to a higher plan? And what is the purpose of 'coins'? Fortunately, there's another video to answer these questions: What are the Chessify Coins and Combo Plans? (youtube.com; Chessify AI).

Here's everything you need to know about the Chessify coin packages and combo plans which offer both coins and standard subscription plan features. The coins give you access to up to 1 BN/s speed cloud servers for analyzing with the strongest chess engines, such as Stockfish and Leela Chess Zero, while the combo plans also offer a 9 Million+ game database updated weekly, opening references, cloud storage, and more.

The FAQ on the pricing page explains that subscription plans are for shared servers and coins are for dedicated servers. When I started using Chessify, I was given 500 coins to help debug a blocking problem I was having. I still have 300 unspent coins, because I didn't know what to do with them. Now I know.

***


Source: Chessify Subscription Plans and Coins
(chessify.me/pricing)

No comments: