01 April 2024

No Splitting Hares

Since today is Easter Monday and since last week's Monday post, Hindu Gods Play Chess (March 2024), was another in a series on AI comics, let's continue with the religious theme.


'Easter bunny plays chess'
AI Comic Factory

As I explained in the 'Hindu Gods' post,

One of the parameters to control the look of the image is 'comic style', of which there are currently 13. For this image I chose the 'Flying Saucer' style.

The 'Easter bunny' images use the 'Egyptian' style. I can't explain why I chose it, except that it looked better than the others. I doubt that the Egyptian Coptics attach any importance to the Easter bunny. For more about the group, see Copts (wikipedia.org), which starts,

Copts are a Christian ethnoreligious group indigenous to North Africa who have primarily inhabited the area of modern Egypt since antiquity. They are the largest Christian denomination in Egypt and the Middle East, as well as in Sudan and Libya.

I couldn't determine from the Wikipedia article whether the Coptic church observes Easter on the same Sunday as the Western Christian church, or whether they include Easter Monday in the observations -- and I didn't pursue it. After all, this is just supposed to be a post about chess in comics.

No comments: