01 October 2021

Carlsen's TMER 2019-21, 'Online = N'

In a previous post, Carlsen's TMER 2019-21 (September 2021), I added a preliminary table to Magnus Carlsen's Tournament, Match, and Exhibition Record (TMER; 2000-), and wrote,

I'll use the new table to add missing data to the many blank fields, then merge it into the main table.

I started by adding data to the events marked 'Online = N', and ended up with many questions for further investigation.. The transition to online events has paralleled significant format changes to the non-online events, all of which could use an explanation on the TMER page. Take, for example, the Armageddon games in the 2019 and 2020 events held at Stavanger, Norway. All I could do for now was to note the need for an explanation.

Even though the TMER page is currently one of the messiest pieces I have posted on one of my resources, I uploaded it anyway. I'll come back to it as soon as I can.

No comments: